Sewing Bucket List of a Society Diva and 2012 Resolutions of a Hotshot Editor

by Ramona on January 20, 2012

Two more ASG staffers reveal their innermost sewing ambitions to be accomplished before they go to that big sewing room up in the sky:

Maria Trevino, ASG Conference Administrator:

“To curtail my activities in other groups such as the pond society, rose society, beekeepers society so that I can spend more time in the sewing room. I will work hard to downsize my sewing stash by sewing or gifting my fabric, tools, patterns and notions.  I also would like to refresh my workbook of fine sewing techniques”.

Anne Marie Soto, Editor of Notions:

“My resolution for 2012 is to make some sort of headway in my huge fabric stash. Of particular concern:

1) Finally transforming that perfect tone-on-tone yellow striped fabric (bought a whole bolt on sale!!!) into living room curtains. I do NOT love naked windows.

2) Then there’s that yummy red velour that I bought on Fabric Row at ASG Conference 2002 in Philadelphia. Would be nice to make it into a robe while the “cozy” season is still upon us.

3) And of course, there’s the luscious wool tweed that I bought in London in 19??. I could take my own editorial advice and “Channel Chanel” with a great jacket.”

——————————-

Now that you’ve read this post, it is your duty to comment about it. No excuses.

Samina

Follow us on Twitter at @SewingGuild

{ 7 comments }

Heather January 20, 2012 at 8:40 pm

One of my goals this year is to sift through my sewing stash… It is jam packed with vintage finds. Just understand that sifting through does not mean tossing. It means – sorting, creating and having fun!
~Heather

Patsy Sweetra January 20, 2012 at 10:51 pm

My ambition is to get rid of all my garment fabric since I retired over a year ago and will not be making any more “professional” clothing! That would give me back about half the space of my sewing room. I might be able to walk in here! What a concept! LOL

Lila Hendricks January 21, 2012 at 3:17 am

I would love to make up the special pieces of fabric I have purchased to make and gift to special folks in my life. Especially while I and they are still on this earth. Missed a few opportunities when my mother died last year.

Marcia January 21, 2012 at 3:48 am

Sounds so familiar! Way too much fabric, way too many ideas. My “still have in it my stash from ASG conference” pieces came from Portland 2003, Nashville 2005 & Sacramento 2007, not to mention the huge box I found in the bottom of the sewing room closet that came from Britex in 19–! I have 4 ply silk galore! Time to get busy or let it go.

TerritoryMom January 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm

One of my goals was to not buy any more fabric until I used my stash, well I bought more fabric!

Samina January 27, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I am with you. I am proud to say that some of us are refusing to let the fabric retail industry die off. 🙂
Thank you for the comment!

Jodie February 21, 2012 at 12:45 am

I can really relate to TerritoryMom and Samina! That is one of my resolutions EVERY year. I am one that loves the tactile feel of fabric and the dream of what I am going to make out of it, once I have finished the 15 others projects in waiting!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: