ASG is made up of Chapters, Neighborhood Groups and Members at Large (virtual members). Benefits to members include:
- Unlimited access to a library of over 150 online sewing classes and projects
- Discounts on sewing products and services
- Frequent articles, projects and more in the weekly Notions email newsletter
- Sew Much Fun tours
- Special pricing at our annual Conference
- Monthly online presentations by well-known sewing instructors
- Online classes at discounted pricing
- and more!
- Chapter: You can join (or create) a chapter to interact with members of your local sewing community. Chapters host regular meetings, social events, fashion shows, and classes featuring local or national speakers, and many offer sewing related service projects for their community. Neighborhood or special interest groups within chapters offer opportunities for sharing ideas and “hands-on” sewing experiences.
- Member-at-Large: This does not belong to a specific local chapter, but is still entitled to all benefits of membership and may request permission to participate in special functions or events at a local level.
- Youth: ASG has a specific youth program for sewing enthusiasts through age 17 and extending up to age 22 for registered college students. Some have advanced or professional sewing skills, while some are novices at the beginner level. The majority fall somewhere between those two levels. They want to learn new skills, they want sewing friends to share their successes and challenges, and they want to belong to a group that will support their adventures in sewing.
Find a chapter in your area | Join today
Online Sewing Classes and Special Events
Whether you’re new to sewing, returning to sewing, looking to advance your sewing skills or just want to participate in on virtual group meetings, you will find ASG’s free and paid online sewing classes and programs a major benefit of membership.
Discounts & Special Offers
Many local retailers offer discounts to ASG members. Be sure to ask when you shop, “Do you offer an ASG discount?” The offers are made in appreciation of your membership in ASG and your dedication to sewing as an art and life skill. Offers come in the form of discounts, free item with purchase, free shipping and more.
ASG members pay a special member’s price for conference registration where attendees participate in workshops and seminars taught by nationally recognized professionals. Members may also shop the Exhibit Hall, enjoy special events and attend optional workshops and tours. Visit our Conference page for more information.
Members receive regular emails with news, articles and more. In addition, most ASG Chapters publish a regular newsletter that communicates local Chapter events, neighborhood group locations and activities, lists of discounts with retailers and features special interest articles.