The 2022 contest has now ended. Watch here for the winners!
Every ASG member who enters has an equal chance of winning. Winners are drawn using a random number generator from all qualified entries. No special sewing skills required!
There are two categories:
- Over 18 ASG Members
- Junior ASG Members age 18 and under OR anyone under 18 with an ASG member sponsor
- Adult 1st Place: One year membership in University of Fashion, PLUS a full gift basket of sewing notions from Colonial Needle Company
- Adult 2nd Place: One year membership in University of Fashion
- Junior 1st Place: ASG Junior Membership, PLUS the ULTIMATE Illustration Guide to Sewing Clothes book by Joi Mahon
- Junior 2nd Place: The ULTIMATE Illustration Guide to Sewing Clothes book by Joi Mahon
Contest Entry Slideshow
The ASG Spirit Award recognizes a member or group who exemplifies the spirit of ASG.
This spirit is creative energy, imagination, enthusiasm, inspiration, commitment, organizational pride and loyalty. This spirit is embodied in and focused on the ASG mission – Advancing sewing as an art and life skill. The member or group exemplifies these attributes and uses them to fulfill the ASG mission, such as creating opportunities for others through sewing education and arts and raising awareness of the ASG in the process.
This year marks the first time that a group of members has been the recipient of this honor. The three honorees are Diana Quinn from the Atlanta, GA Chapter, Glenna Walker from the Dallas, TX Chapter, and Sandi Dickenson from the Sarasota, FL Chapter who together have demonstrated their commitment, enthusiasm, and dedication to ASG as leaders within the IOGroup for ASG Volunteers. All three volunteer their time and expertise to assist chapters and members in need of technical assistance. They provide technical information, education, and mentoring which enables chapters to provide programs through Zoom and other virtual venues. Thank you, ladies, for all that you do to advance sewing as an art and life skill!