Our annual Conference options give sewing enthusiasts a place to celebrate all things sewing, quilting and embroidery. The conference is open to to the public. If you love sewing, you’ll love the creativity, the ideas, the ingenuity, and the fun!
- Education: The virtual conference offers select classes from popular instructors. Our in-person conference offers daily educational opportunities in the form of workshops, seminars and lectures. Classes are tailored to every sewing interest from couture sewing to stash management, from fitting and alterations to surface design and embellishment, from hand sewing to serger sewing, as well as every level of sewing skill.
- Shopping: The vendor-packed Exhibit Hall is full of both large and small sewing and quilting businesses selling fabric, notions, patterns, sewing furniture, machines, threads, projects, DVD’s, books and more.
- Fellowship: Tours, get-togethers, lunches, the annual Fashion Show and more!
New York City | July 27-31, 2023
Thursday, July 27 — Optional Workshops
Thursday, July 27 — Annual Meeting for Presidents
Friday, July 28 - Sunday, July 30 — Core conference
The ASG Conference is open to both members and non-members. You can visit just the vendor hall, or buy a conference pass to enjoy all the classes as well. You do not need to stay at the Conference Hotel to be able to attend.
- Class Schedule
- Conference Calendar
- Class Supply List
- Fashion Show Form (Word doc)
- Fashion Show Form (fillable pdf)
- Meet the 2023 Instructors
- List of NYC Fabric & Notions Stores
- Printable Registration Form
- NNG Replay: Getting Around New York (requires member login)
Thank you to our Sponsors
July 27th | July 31st
- Mimi Jackson, board member of the Association of Design and Sewing Professionals is offering a fashion-district walking fabric shopping tour on Thursday, July 27th and Monday, July 31st. Visit her website for information, pricing and how to sign up and pay for the tour.
July 27th | August 1st
- Mike’s NYC Tours: Mike Kabach, a New York native with 35 years of garment district experience, offers a unique walking tour experience. You will meet at the Garment Worker Statue and learn about the apparel industry as you walk around the area and end up at Mood Fabrics where he says goodbye and leaves you to enjoy the store. This tour is Free. It starts at 10:30 am and lasts about 2 hours and will be offered Thursday, July 27 and Tuesday, August 1. The tour is limited to 20, so sign up early. Email Mike at for a reservation to this tour or visit www.mikesnyctours.com for additional information.
New York Hilton Midtown
1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019
We have two open room blocks. Please check both blocks for room types available in each block:
Are you looking for a roommate during conference? Let us know and we will try to connect you with another sewing enthusiast who is looking to share.
- JPG (3 sizes)
- PNG (transparent)
- EPS & SVG
- Digitized Logo
- 2019 Digitized (zip of all formats)
- 2018 (Las Vegas) Digitized Conference logo