To regularly see our social media posts on your feed, which is your customized daily news list, you can follow us on social media. If you would prefer not to set up social media accounts or choose not to follow us, our accounts are public and you can still view our social media Facebook or Instagram pages without logging in just by clicking the links.
To follow us on Facebook:
- Log in to Facebook and go to our Facebook. If the link doesn’t work for you, just search inside Facebook for American Sewing Guild – Headquarters.
- Once you’re on our page, click on the “LIKE” button to follow us and see our posts in your personal feed.
- Need help navigating around Facebook? Check out this Youtube video tutorial.
To follow us on Instagram:
- Log in to Instagram and go to our Instagram. If the link doesn’t work for you, search inside Instagram for asguildhq.
- Once you see us, just click on the “FOLLOW” button to see us in your feed.
- You can also follow any post flagged with our hashtag by searching for #americansewingguild and clicking the “FOLLOW” button. Many chapters with Instagram accounts use this hashtag so, if you follow it, any post using this hashtag will also appear in your feed.
- Need help navigating around Instagram? Check out this Youtube video tutorial.
Not on social media yet?
If you don’t have Facebook or Instagram accounts, it’s simple to set them up. Here are a few tips.
- Desktop/Laptop: If you’re using a desktop or laptop computer, go to https://www.facebook.com/ and use the Sign Up function. You will need to enter a first and last name, mobile phone number or email and set a password. You will also need to enter a birth date and check the appropriate Female/Male box. Click the Sign Up button and you’ll be ready to go.
- Mobile Device: To use Facebook on your phone or tablet, you will need to download an app. Go to the app store on your device and search for Facebook to download the app. If you have already set up your account, all you will need to do is log in to use the app. If you have not yet set up an account, follow the same directions noted above within the app.
- Need some help? Facebook provides easy-to-follow tips for setting up your account.
- Desktop/Laptop: If you’re using a desktop or laptop computer, go to https://www.instagram.com/and either log in with your Facebook account (Facebook owns Instagram) use the Sign Up function. If you need to sign up, you will need to enter a first and last name, mobile phone number or email and set a password.
- Mobile Device: To use Instagram on your phone or tablet, you will need to download an app. Go to the app store and search for Instagram to find and download the app. If you have already set up your account, all you will need to do is log in to use the app. If you have not yet set up an account or don’t have a Facebook account to use to log in, follow the same directions noted above within the app.
- You can only post to Instagram from a tablet or smartphone, but you can browse other users’ photos on your computer as well.
- Need some help? Instagram provides tips for setup.
Social media participation is a personal choice. There is no one-size-fits-all decision. But since we have begun using it to share news with current members and attract potential new members, we want to help anyone who has the interest take that step. We hope these tips help any of you who would like to make the choice to follow ASG on social media.
~ Sheryl Belson